birding-aus

Grey-crowned Babblers (Brisbane)

To: Birding-aus <>
Subject: Grey-crowned Babblers (Brisbane)
From: Russell Woodford <>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 15:35:04 +1000
Sorry that I can't give a reference, but I recall an article (Emu? Wingspan?) some years ago that reported a threshold size for viable breeding colonies: I think that once the colony falls below 6 birds they cannot maintain their population. I'm not sure whether this study was about GCB or White-browed, or all babblers, but it doesn't suggest a promising future for them if there numbers are getting this low.

Russell Woodford
Birding-Aus List Owner

Geelong   Victoria   Australia
http://www.birding-aus.org