birding-aus

RFI Pilot Bird and Bristlebird

To: "Jim and Sonia O'Shea" <>, "birding-aus" <>
Subject: RFI Pilot Bird and Bristlebird
From: "michael hunter" <>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 12:20:11 +1000
  Hi Greg,

    The spots Jim  mentioned are just where we have seen the Pilotbirds
(between warden's house and the road) and Eastern Bristlebirds (around the
lodge) on both the occasions we've looked there, without tapes, hopping on
the track.

    Early mornings are best; the hour or so after dawn; rug up well, its
cold at Barren Grounds at present.

   Walking around probably unnecessary, (or walk very slowly), even
counterproductive, just sit/stand, watch, wait and listen!

                                             Cheers
                                                  Mchael