birding-aus

Friends of Chiltern web site

To: "Rosemary Royle" <>, "Dave Torr" <>, "Myles" <>
Subject: Friends of Chiltern web site
From: "Wendy" <>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 22:04:26 +1000
After my earlier posting I had a go with the  dial up (currently running at
46.6Kb/sec a bit faster ? 48? earlier). After a wait for the layers of the
header to arrive I had lots of time to look at the lovely first Pic (RB
Firetail), sadly mostly as the thumbnail, after watching the time bar on the
second shot almost make it I go a message saying
"illegal use - see creation3D.org"
I thought it may have  just been some hitch then so tried again now. Earlier
stuff appeared more quickly (presumably now in my computer ST memory) but
before 2nd image appeared got the message again,
This was not a link so I typed in the address. The page took about 6+
minutes to arrive and I got a message in French that did nothing.
I'd be interested to know is it just my machine, do I have a nasty? or
something, or is this problem common for all dial-up users? If so not too
helpful.
I point out I use this modem daily to Google, research detailed
scientific/management issues, access websites to ID invertebrate and other
photos all the time. Sometimes it is slow. Sometimes I choose not to
download 2+ Mb PDF files but slow dial-ups are useable.
I do want to repeat. The images I saw earlier today on 'broadband' link were
WONDERFUL and a credit to the park group,
Wendy