birding-aus

New Clements book

To: "Tony Russell" <>
Subject: New Clements book
From: "Evan Beaver" <>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 14:40:14 +1100
I see no good reason not to write your own list. It depends entirely
on your reasons for birding/twitching/listing.

If you think a given split/lump is a load of rubbish, just ignore it.
The only reaon that accuracy would be important is if you want to
compete on a level playing field against other people. Otherwise, your
list is a list of the birds you've seen, simple as that.

I for example want to see all of the Sitellas, and have been keeping a
list of all the types I've seen. Then my list is not a list of "the
number of species I have seen according to an external authority",
it's a list of the different birds I've seen.

EB