birding-aus

To Black Grasswren seekers

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: To Black Grasswren seekers
From: "Don and Llane Hadden" <>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 07:34:45 +0800
Just advising that after a couple of days of steady rain (in the middle of the
dry season!), the Gibb River Road has been closed. There is a commercial tour
vehicle hopelessly bogged on the track down to Manning Gorge. Bell Gorge,
Windjana Gorge etc are also closed. Drysdale Station on the Kalumburu Rd has
run out of fuel and heavy road trains won't be allowed in even after the road
is opened to light vehicles. Road information is available on the Main Roads
website
http://www.mainroads.wa.gov.au/NR/mrwa/internet/realtime/TRC/RegionalConditions.asp?1.
 I'm driving in to Derby from Mt Barnett and back today (with a permit) and I
can give an up to date report on road conditions tonight if anyone wants to
contact me through my email address.

Don Hadden
Ph: +61 8 91917826