birding-aus

Status of Dusky Woodswallows in Brisbane

To: "David Taylor" <>
Subject: Status of Dusky Woodswallows in Brisbane
From: "Peter Woodall" <>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 09:07:31 +1000
Hi David

I would certainly agree with you on the status of these two woodswallows
around Brisbane.  Greg Roberts in his "The Birds of South-east
Queensland" 1979, records both of them as "moderately common".

I regularly see White-breasted Woodswallow on a survey I do along
Bulimba Creek and around Minnippi wetlands, and also often see them on
our way to work from the road bridge across Oxley Creek near Oxley
Common but I haven't seen Dusky Woodswallows around Brisbane for some
years.

Cheers

Peter