birding-aus

Not bold or beautiful

To: "Birding-aus \(E-mail\)" <>
Subject: Not bold or beautiful
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 16:54:31 +1000
In my prior message about the Noisy Friarbird I asked "Is bold permitted to go
through the B-A filters?". Well apparently not. So I thought I'd plagiarise a
well known US TV soap to highlight that the bold didn't go through. Although
Noisy Friarbirds are bald and bold they are not beautiful.

Apart from that, the bit that was intended to be bold was:

"This species is very consistent each year in showing the typical double peak
of common summer migrants. If there is a reason why this species migrates, it
may relate to the bald head of this species and the cold Canberra winter. There
are very few between May and August, in some years there are none. Numbers rise
rapidly in September to peak in October, then they dip in November and December
as many birds go into nearby woodland to breed. January to March has a second
peak before the birds almost all depart during April."

Philip