birding-aus

Powerful Owl, Slaughter Falls, Brisbane.

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Powerful Owl, Slaughter Falls, Brisbane.
From: "Robert Inglis" <>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 20:02:35 +1000
Hi to birdwatchers in the Brisbane (Queensland, Australia) area.

Looking for something powerful to do this weekend?

There was a pair of Powerful Owls roosting over the (dry) creek bed beside the Slaughter Falls Track in Brisbane today.
Slaughter Falls is accessed from Sir Samuel Griffith Drive which circles Mt
Coot-tha.
See Brisbane UBD Refidex Map 158 J12.

Drive to the end of the access road where there are shelter sheds and toilets; walk the reasonably signposted track to the Slaughter Falls Track and start looking from around the viewing deck (you will know what I mean when you see it). The birds may be seen from the track if you are lucky and have good eyesight but it would be better to descend to the creek bed and follow the line of the creek looking carefully up into the trees overhanging the creek.

Good luck.
Please note: I don't guarantee they will be there but they were there today (7 April 2007)............I have the photos to prove it.

Cheers
Bob Inglis
Sandstone Point
Qld