birding-aus

Helicopters in the Capertee Valley

To: "'Carol Probets'" <>, "'birding-aus'" <>
Subject: Helicopters in the Capertee Valley
From: "David Parker" <>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 20:54:50 +1000
Carol and others,

An update for those who follow the constant name changing of government
organisations, the EPA which Carol refers to in this email was
incorporated back in 2003 into the Department of Environment and
Conservation (DEC) which brought together the NSW EPA, the NSW National
Parks and Wildlife Service and the Botanic Gardens Trust. The section of
DEC which encompasses the old EPA is known as the Environment Protection
and Regulation Division.

As the NSW readers would have experienced, and others may be aware, NSW
recently had our State election. Yes, it has happened again! The Dept.
of Environment and Conservation will be known as the Department of
Environment and Climate Change (DECC) from the 23rd of April (this
month). This change keeps all previous sections of DEC, but adds to it a
number of roles including the legislative responsibility of the Native
Vegetation Act and parts of the soon to be former Department of Natural
Resources (formerly DIPNR, DLWC etc. etc. etc.).

Cheers
David Parker
Griffith, NSW