birding-aus

A laugh needed!

To: "'Paul Jacobson'" <>, "'Denise Goodfellow'" <>
Subject: A laugh needed!
From: "Tony Russell" <>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 09:01:06 +0930
Get a life Paul.
Tony.

-----Original Message-----
From:
 On Behalf Of Paul Jacobson
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 7:00 AM
To: Denise Goodfellow
Cc: Baus

Well it's a kind of joke but it's heavily laden with material
intended to discredit the green movement - the reference to designer
shorts for example - and following on from your vocal disapproval of
a greens supporter commiting the heinous crime of using an American
spelling on list - which happens to be closer to etymological origins
of the word than the badly transliterated English spelling - comes
across as a politcal attack. A token tawny frogmouth hardly makes
this suitable material for birding-aus.

Please cease and desist from posting this politcal, non-birding
material to the list.

On 03/04/2007, at 7:02 AM, Denise Goodfellow wrote:

> I thought the joke below might make some of you smile.  This is from a

> (non-birding, non-greenie) friend.
>
> The head Greenie Tree Hugging Lady Activist, who was responsible
> for getting
> horses banned from National Parks & State Forests, was climbing a
> big tree
> to have a look out over the forestry when a Tawny Frogmouth
> attacked her for
> invading its nesting site.
>
> In a panic to make her escape, she slid down the tree, getting many
> splinters in the crotch of her designer shorts.
>
> In considerable pain she rushed to the nearest doctor, told him she
> was an
> environmentalist and how she got all the splinters.
>
> The doctor listened with great patience and then told her to go
> into the
> examining room and he would see if he could help her. She waited
> for three
> hours before the doctor reappeared.
>
> The angry woman demanded: "What took you so long?"
>
> He smiled and then told her: "Well, I had to get permits from the
> Environmental Protection Agency, the Forestry Service, National
> Parks and
> Wildlife Service, Rural Fire Service, and Conservation and Land
> Management
> before I could remove old growth timber from a recreational
> area..... And I
> am sorry but they turned me down."
>

> Denise Lawungkurr Goodfellow
> 1/7 Songlark Street