birding-aus

RFI - good birding spots Phillip Island Vic

Subject: RFI - good birding spots Phillip Island Vic
From: Cheryl Ridge <>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 03:44:05 -0700 (PDT)
Hi there

I live in Melb but haven't visited Phillip Is for
atleast six years (and when I did it wasn't for
birding). We are thinking about doing a day trip in
the near future.

Does anyone have any 'current' info on the bird
situation there at the moment or the most productive
spots to visit if we are restricted to a day trip?

Also, it is possible to view the Fairy Penguins
anywhere besides the "penguin parade"? (am trying to
avoid the touristy thing besides one isn't allowed to
take photos at the parade)

Thankyou in advance

Cheryl Ridge