birding-aus

FW: [BQ_Forum] Re: Ringed Plover reported form Trebonne, QLD

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: FW: [BQ_Forum] Re: Ringed Plover reported form Trebonne, QLD
From: "Tim Murphy" <>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 20:27:17 +1000
>From the BQ_Forum.
Tim Murphy
-----Original Message-----
From:   Behalf Of
John Stewart
Sent: Sunday, 18 March 2007 7:43 PM

Tim

In case of confusion I'll clarify the sighting. As one approaches
Trebonne from Ingham there are 2 cane-train lines to cross. The 2nd
one is at the edge of town. If you walk south along that track beside
the town ( the town is only one block deep at that point) you shortly
reach a bridge over a creek/swamp. It was on this bridge that I saw
the plover about 5p.m. When disturbed by my crossing, it returned to
the bridge. It was not there the next morning.

In the bush to the side of the track I also saw Crimson Finches. I
noticed these appear in the list of rare species but this must surely
be a mistake as they are common in Tyto Wetlands (Ingham) and even
where I go for a walk in Ayr (my home). Further into the swamp there
were Pipits and Latham Snipes (morning) and a Bush Stone Curlew and
unidentified Bittern (afternoon).

I apologise for the late notification but that walk had slipped my
mind as I'd been on a special bird-trip on the same morning to a spot
on Broadwater Creek where I saw 7 or 8 new species (new for me but
probably common for others) and I was focussed on that success. I just
didn't realise how lucky I'd been.

John Stewart
Ayr (N Qld)

--- In  "Tim Murphy" <> wrote:

> I have just received a report of a sighting of a single Ringed Plover at
> Trebonne, North Queensland on 7 March.

__._,_.___
Messages in this topic (2) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic

Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format
to Traditional
  a..  1New Files
Visit Your Group
  a.. Bird