birding-aus

"Common sightings" at WTP

To: <>
Subject: "Common sightings" at WTP
From: "John Harris" <>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 12:08:39 +1100
Dear All
On a trip to the Werribee Treatment PLant on Saturday with a visiting
American birder and half a dozen Enviro students from Latrobe Uni, we
had a few good sightings.  Firstly a White phase Grey Goshawk at the end
of Farm Rd towards the treatment ponds, then a Black Falcon in the same
area, Cape Barren Geese at Paradise Rd and also near the S bend on Pt
Wilson Rd.  Common Terns were seen at Kirks Point, White-winged Blacks
(around 100) seen on the Beach Rd ponds near the Kirks Pt gate and 2
very nice Pectoral Sandpipers at the Borrow Pits (seen with Sybil Kent
and friends - sorry guys I have forgotten your names).

Some nice photos were taken by my American visitor and can be seen on
www.wildlifehobbies.com

Yours in all things "green"

Regards

John Harris
Secretary, Victorian Association for Environmental Education (VAEE)
Environmental Education Officer
Donvale Christian College
155 Tindals Rd Donvale 3111
0409 090 955