birding-aus

Night Parrot

To: "birding aus" <>
Subject: Night Parrot
From: "Reg Clark" <>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 17:22:33 +1100
Hello all,

As I got the news of this intriguing development in SW. Queensland, I was
coincidentally reading a book entitled "Dead Parrot"
which featured the subject creature prominently in its narrative . It  also
illustrated this parrot on the cover as depicted by William Cooper.
The book , strange to say, is a " who dunit" which centres on birding and
birding activities in the vicinity of Sydney  NSW with most of the action in
and about Moreton Bay (Botany Bay), and other suburbs north to Broken Bay  The
author reveals the  intimate awareness of our interests that could only come
about from shared experience and actual involvement . I cannot assess the
policing actions , but they have a certain ring of knowledge on behalf of
writer also.
The author is John Huxley,and it was  published by Walla Walla Press of
Petersham NSW. My interest in the book is purely one of timing and the verses
from John Kinsella's" Night Parrots" quoted in the frontispiece.

Reg Clark
Belrose , NSW.