birding-aus

Birding blooper

To: <>
Subject: Birding blooper
From: "Eddie Chapman" <>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 08:45:29 +0100
Hall all,
My best blooper (there have been many, but this is the best one) happened
many years ago. I was half way up a mountain overlooking a lake when I saw
something pink moving in the reeds. I wasn't birding at the time so my bins
were in my car, but it must have been a Flamingo. I dashed back to my car
and headed down towards the lake. On getting there the "bird" was still
present, but it wasn't a bird. It was a pink plastic bag that had caught on
a broken reed. From the mountain it looked like a long legged bird with a
pink body. The movement was caused by the bag and the reed swaying in the
wind. I don't know what was more pink - the plastic bag or my face.

Thanks,
Eddie Chapman, Voss, Norway.
Birding/Environmental News From Norway
http://birdwatch.brinkster.net/index-filer/Page18328.htm