birding-aus

Red-Tailed Black Cockatoos at Hervey Bay

To: <>
Subject: Red-Tailed Black Cockatoos at Hervey Bay
From: "Lee & Margi" <>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 20:00:57 +1000
Hi all,

This morning I had 7 Red-Tailed Black Cockatoos flying around a small pond
near my house.  It was about 6am when I heard their calls, grabbed the
binocs, camera and handed the baby to my wife as I raced out the door for a
better look.  I've only managed to catch quick glimpses of them before so I
was thrilled to spend about and hour watching them fly around the pond.
Unfortunately I had to leave to get ready for work, but they were still
there at lunch and when I got home.

A wonderful way to start the day!

I've had more reports and sightings of them in Hervey Bay during the last
month then in the entire time I've lived here?

Happy Birding

Lee

Hervey Bay - QLD