birding-aus

Australia Bird List (Corrected version)

To: "richard baxter" <>, "Peter Shute (NUW)" <>, "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Australia Bird List (Corrected version)
From: "Reid" <>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 14:39:54 +1100
Hello Peter,

There is a list at

http://www.deh.gov.au/biodiversity/science/abbbs/pubs/band-size-list.pdf -

but as you can see it is a .PDF file (which can be converted into something
useable, with a little patience).

A couple of years back I did some small amount of data entry work with the
NSW Bird Atlassers, and set up a table of the reporting form used for NSW
species.  It uses only common names but has all the reporting numbers, and
also lists (with scientific names) sub-species/variants.

That list is in .DOC format, should you want a copy.

I also have on my computer a table 'Checklist of Australian Birds' which has
both common and scientific names, but I cannot remember (seniors moment)
from whom I got it or how good/old it is.

I could sent copies of either/both of these if you think they might be of
any use.

Regards

Reid