birding-aus

re: RFI Gippsland Vic for the weekend

To: <>
Subject: re: RFI Gippsland Vic for the weekend
From: "Gordon and Pam Cain" <>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 20:38:51 +1100
Cheryl -

My family and I went down to eastern Gippsland and stayed at Lake Tyers last
year in October. Lots of birds all over, but as it was a family holiday I
had to refrain quite a lot.

My favourite spot on the whole trip was Fairy Dell, in the bush and off of a
logging road north of Bruthen, as I recall. Dozens upon dozens of songbirds
of all sorts - most of which I as a novice couldn't really pick. Besides, we
were having family fun time.

Fairy Dell is a beautiful few hectares of rain forest gully, gloriously
lush. I wished only for a good quality sound recorder there - a couple hours
of the bird calls from there would make the most lovely relaxation music.

Cheers and happy 'hunting'

Gordon in Schofields

NW Sydney