birding-aus

Little Bittern at Warriewood, Sydney..

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Little Bittern at Warriewood, Sydney..
From: "Bruce Cox" <>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 14:47:31 +1100
Hi Everyone,

I saw a female Little Bittern at the water treatment ponds associated with
the new development behind Warriewood Wetland.
 I saw it 5 times over a period of about one hour, it appeared unsettled and
flew 4 times between clumps of reeds. This is my first for the Northern
Beaches although one was seen on the south side of  the wetland by Tom
Wilson and photographed by Neil Fifer several years ago.

Brief directions to the site are: Park in Garden St, Warriewood and enter a
paved path which follows the northern boundary of the wetland from the
Junction of Garden St and Watergum Drive. It's about 400 metres to the
ponds, I saw the bird at the south end of the middle pond with the fountain.

I tried to put this on the Birdline NSW webpage but I think it failed to
"submit", I will fiddle with my security settings and try again.

Bruce.

Bruce Cox on Sydney's Northern Beaches.