birding-aus

Re NSW and ACT Twitchathon Results

To: "'BIRDING-AUS'" <>
Subject: Re NSW and ACT Twitchathon Results
From: "Sean Dooley" <>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 23:27:25 +1100
G'day all,

No matter how well the Victorian teams go in their twitchathon on November
11 and 12 (and we'll be kicking birding butt, don't worry about that) there
is one record the NSW mob set that won't be broken and that is the number of
teams, participants and money raised.

Congratulations to all involved- what an extraordinary effort. It certainly
puts all the other states to shame. But there is still time for Vics at
least to get a team together, do some sussing and raise some funds for bird
conservation.

Some may cluck their tongues at all the juvenile twitchathon banter and
baiting flowing around the list. But I reckon that it adds to the fun of the
event. Even if there was no fund raising element to the twitchathon I'd
still front up every year because I absolutely love it- this is the sport I
prefer to play. And if publicising this fact- that twitchathons are
gloriously stupid fun- means that more people join in, then the more money
will be raised.

There's still time to enter, go to the Vic Babbler website (HYPERLINK
"http://www.babblersnest.com/"http://www.babblersnest.com) to find out how.

And go the Bush Turkeys!