birding-aus

RFI: Snapper Island, Daintree

To: Evan Beaver <>,
Subject: RFI: Snapper Island, Daintree
From: Ian Cowan <>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 17:41:10 +1000
The other option for launching a boat is from the camping/caravan park at Cape Kimberly - it is a couple of years since I was there but you could launch a boat across the beach which would give you a relatively calm crossing to Snapper Island

Although I have not actually been to the island, I tend to agree with the comment that the mainland would offer better birding - cassowary is likely on a morning walk out from the caravan park at Cape Kimberly

Ian Cowan
Clifton Beach

Evan Beaver wrote:
Good Morning Listers,

Has anyone done and birding on Snapper Island in FNQ? While on our upcoming holiday we're going to camp on the island overnight and I was wondering what to look out for. In particular, what are my chances of seeing Tropicbirds or
Boobies? I wonder if that will get past the spam filters...

Regards

Evan