birding-aus

Odd bird at Point Cook

To: Fairy Wren <>
Subject: Odd bird at Point Cook
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 12:51:04 +1000
I would like to concur, but are leaning towards leucistic New Holland
Honeyeater. The foreshore
picnic area has introduced stands of banksia and attracts dozens of New Holland
(a leucistic bird
observed in 2000). The singing honeyeaters are resident in the area, but are
generally found in
the surrounding country, often near clumps of box thorn amongst salt tolerant
vegetation
(especially near the saltflats). Where exactly was this bird seen?

Cheers, Matt Weeks