birding-aus

Odd bird at Point Cook

To: Russell Woodford <>
Subject: Odd bird at Point Cook
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 10:34:53 +1000
Hi Russell,

In the photo on birdline, the bird pictured has a darkline through the
eye, and you can just see the yellow beneath this line too, which are
characteristics of Singing Honeyeaters.

The rest of the plumage does look very light for a Singing Honeyeater, but
not light enough for a luecistic NHHE, which from my observations has been
almost white.  (not to say that it cant differ)

The yellow wing and tail markings are consistant with both species.

Some photos of luecistic NHHE's can be seen at www.peterfuller.com.au
-->photographic essays -->Luecistic New Holland Honeyeaters for
comparison.

Cheers,

Peter

Russell Woodford <>
Sent by:
13/10/2006 09:58 AM

birding aus <>
cc

Subject
Re: [Birding-Aus] Odd bird at Point Cook

I'm really sorry about this, but I can't remember who sent me an
email off-list about this bird!  Apparently there has been a
leucistic New Holland Honeyeater in this area for a couple of years,
so it might not be Singing HE.

Russell

Russell Woodford
Birding-Aus List Owner