birding-aus

Hasties Swamp

To: "birding aus" <>
Subject: Hasties Swamp
From: "Evan Beaver" <>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 08:11:12 +1100
Birders;

As mentioned prevoiusly, my wife and I are heading up to FNQ pretty soon.
We're trying to jam quite a bit into the itinerary and so some interesting
questions have come up. The most recent one: We've heard that if you're
going to Hasties Swamp it MUST be at dawn, or not at all. Is that true?
Would a little later in the day be okay, or does it just get so hot that all
the birds go and hide in the reeds and sleep? The clash at this stage is the
morning bird walk with Kingfisher Park, so maybe we could head straight down
there after that and arrive at 10ish? Your vast wealth of knowledge is
greatly appreciated.

--
Evan Beaver
Lapstone, Blue Mountains, NSW