birding-aus

Grey Currawong

Subject: Grey Currawong
From: "colin judkins" <>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 16:31:50 +1000
G/day all,

I saw an adult Grey Currawong fluffing it's feathers and settling on it's nest as if it was incubating an egg or covering a hatchling to keep it warm. The interesting thing was that along side it was a sizeable chick fully feathed that must have been quite a few weeks old.

I would have thought it unusual to have two quite different aged young, for the visable chick looked far to large to have the adult bird sitting over a similarly sized sibling.

Plus it was a lovely warm Melbourne day, so what was that adult bird thinking !

Any thoughts, (not on Melbournes weather ok ! )

Regards from Colin,

Colin Judkins