birding-aus

migrants

To: "Baus" <>
Subject: migrants
From: "Graham Turner" <>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 17:34:28 +1000
G'day Keith and birders,
Evan and I had great views of Shinning Bronze Cuckoos at Emu Heights on Tuesday afternoon. (Emu Heights is on the Nepean River, 60 km west of Sydney CBD). We had also heard them at various locations along the river (Leonay and Devlins Rd Castlereagh, all in western Sydney) over the last few weeks of birding.

Other migrants on Tuesday were Rufous Whistler, Channelbill Cuckoo and Bee-eater. Also had crippling view of Mistletoebird and Scarlet Honeyeater, but couldn't quite get onto the Bar-shouldered Dove (one of our target birds) despite hearing them calling all around us.

Cheers
Graham Turner