birding-aus

Woodgate Trip

To: <>
Subject: Woodgate Trip
From: "Lee & Margi" <>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 19:00:50 +1000
Hi All,

A group of Hervey Bay birdwatchers joined up with the Maryborough
Birdwatchers club on Sat for a day trip to Woodgate (QLD) and the Burrum
Coast National Park.

Whilst we didn't get a huge number of species we had a great time seeing the
ones we did.  A few of us managed to add some new ones to our lists, such
the Emu which was hanging around the entrance to the walking tracks, and the
Red Tailed Black Cockatoos were a very welcome find (sighting those got my
own list up to the 200 mark! Hooray - yes I did the high five and little
dance).

The list for the day totaled 68 with 3 heard:

Whistling Kite

White-bellied Sea-Eagle

Pacific Baza

Brown Falcon

Wood Duck

Grey Teal

White Necked Heron

Great Egret

Little Egret

Cattle Egret

Magpie

Pied Currawong

Torresian Crow

Pied Butcherbird

Grey Butcherbird

Magpie Lark

Varied Triller

Black Faced Cuckoo Shrike

Eastern Whipbird (H)

Emu

Masked Lapwing

Silvereye

Mistletoebird

Spangled Drongo (doing a fantastic impersonation of a Rufus Whistler)

Bar Shouldered Dove

Peaceful Dove

Crested Pigeon

Fan Tailed Cuckoo (H)