birding-aus

GHL

To: <>
Subject: GHL
From: "John Malings" <>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 16:48:06 +1000
Have just returned from BJ  .
Four members of SUNBOC made the trip and arrived 3.15 pm 12th Aug and within
5mins had located GHL exactly where we were told to look in the wet swamp area
behind picnic table. We observed for approx one hour during which time it made
three or four flights around this area.
It was our opinion that the guy from Tassie worried about booking tickets to
see it should go ahead as that bird is not going anywhere else with that weight
or growth on its foot. As long as there is water in those ditches and dam the
bird will remain in this area until it dies as it is no positon to make a
substantial flight.

John Malings