birding-aus

Terns and Waders at Manly, QLD - 29 July 06

Subject: Terns and Waders at Manly, QLD - 29 July 06
From: "Graham Etherington" <>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 12:05:55 +1000
Hi Birders,
After yet another unsuccessful attempt to see Bush Hen at Sherwood
Arboretum, I headed off to Manly Yacht Club to check out what birds
were around at high tide (mid-day). I then headed down to Queens
Esplanade at Thornside/Birkdale.
The highlights (for me anyway) were LESSER CRESTED TERN at Manly and 5
PACIFIC GOLDEN PLOVERS at Queens Esplanade.

Species counts at the two sites include:
Manly Yacht Club:
Red-capped Plover - 10
Double-banded Plover - 40
Red-necked Stint - 30