birding-aus

Freckled Duck at Lake Canobolas Orange NSW

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Freckled Duck at Lake Canobolas Orange NSW
From: "Terry Bishop" <>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 13:23:43 +1000
Used to be about 6 Kookaburras near the wharf at the SW side of the lake,
but haven't seen them for ages. I think all the ducks and Black Swans have
gone to the Icely Road side of Suma Park Dam as the population has
increased. The local council has built a bird hide at Gosling Creek Dam.
Vandals destroyed it but it is being rebuilt. We hope Spring Creek Dam will
be ready for refill by the Spring rains. It should be worth a trip to Orange
in the Spring/Summer seasons.

Thought I heard the Whip Bird behind the Baths at Moulder Park yesterday but
not definite. Have not heard it for a few weeks.

Terry B
Orange NSW.