birding-aus

Ashbury birding

Subject: Ashbury birding
From: "Grant Private name" <>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 17:33:42 +1000
Everyone,

I HATE SYDNEY!! hehe thought that was a good place to start. I live in quiet, peaceful Morpeth, just outside Maitland. Moved there after a family meeting decided Newcastle was getting too busy. The problem is all my friends disagree and they've all packed up and shifted down to Ashbury in Sydney's inner west, and thats where I find myself now, visiting them. I sit inside all day while they go to work, door locked. But you can't keep a good birder down (or a poor birder in my case), as I sit at the computer all day I can still compile a bird list (typical birding male, can't live without a list) just by listening. Been here for 3 days now and todays list broke my record.......6 SPECIES!!!!!

Common Starling
Common Myna
Red-whiskered Bulbul
Silvereye
Spotted Turtle-dove
Superb Fairy-wren

Can't wait for tomorrow, locked inside infront of the computer, to see if I can beat my record! How cool would it be if I heard a Sparrow!!!

Hehehe yours in birding,
Grant Brosie