birding-aus

Pied Butcherbird in Axedale (Central Vic)

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Pied Butcherbird in Axedale (Central Vic)
From: "Marlene Lyell" <>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 19:20:34 +1000
Hi All,

        An interesting sighting today for Axedale, east of Bendigo.
Driving north along Axedale-Goornong Road, at the 100kph sign half a km out
of town,  a Pied Butcherbird sitting on a fence post, half hidden by foliage
of a eucalypt.  At first glance, Magpie Lark crossed my mind, but on driving
parallel to the bird, realized it was the PB.  I think this is an uncommon
species for this area but I would appreciate any information available for
other reports of this species around Axedale/Bendigo area.

Bird seen at  36 46' 56"   144 30' 22"

Happy birding

Marlene.