birding-aus

Re: White-winged Choughs, Sundown NP, Qld

To: Carl Clifford <>
Subject: Re: White-winged Choughs, Sundown NP, Qld
From: David Stowe <>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 23:07:15 +1000
I agree.
We toured the Kimberley for 7 weeks a few years ago and often bush- camped (legally) where appropriate. I too love camping and also don't have unlimited funds to do every tour and stay at every bird friendly place. Camping out means that the birds are right there with you when you wake up and you can bird from your tent - a very good hide). I must admit that i just can't see the link between getting rained out and not being supportive of the tourism industry. Especially when these critical comments are the very ones that discourage people from posting so we all end up poorer for it . Especially as it discourages new birders who we should be encouraging - if for no other reason than to boost the birding tour industry!! (ha ha)

Cheers
David Stowe