birding-aus

SE Melbourne Powerful Owl, Musk Duck, Brush Bronzewing

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: SE Melbourne Powerful Owl, Musk Duck, Brush Bronzewing
From: "michael norris" <>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 19:12:53 +1000
Today I saw a Powerful Owl for the first time.  In a tall conifer in the SE
of the St Kilda Botanic Gardens.  NO possum under its claws, yesterday it
had a pigeon.

I was told about it by the President of Earthcare St Kilda when we were both
helping with a survey of Rakali in Brighton.  During that we saw a male Musk
Duck at Brighton marina.  It has been there for the last 3 days.

The male Brush Bronzewing was in the eastern half of the Sandringham Golf
Course on Monday.

Michael Norris