birding-aus

Mallee Safari ~ Part 3

Subject: Mallee Safari ~ Part 3
From: Keith Stockwell <>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 14:58:25 +1000
Peter,

Thank you for your comments Peter.

We sighted several birds which we suspect were either black-eared or
hybrids between Black-eared and Yellow-throated...perhaps a few were
Black-eared but we were not sure, concluded that most were hybrids (some
seemed to be yellow-throated), ealised that we not experts in
distinguishing between them, and hence I did not list black-eared in my
report. Most of the group members saw (pure?) Black-eared in Calperum with
Bob Goodfellow a few years back during another trip to the area.

Yes, one should contact Stella and arrange a mutually convenient time
before visiting Eremophila Park. Permission and a key must also be obtained
to visit Stockyard Plains.

Keith Stockwell
Echuca-Moama

>Hi Keith
>Looks like you had a great trip, with good birds! The mallee has been very
>productive this autumn.

I'm surprised to see no mention of Black-eared Miner