birding-aus

Australian Explorers 1850-1900

To: <>
Subject: Australian Explorers 1850-1900
From: "Sandra Henderson" <>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 14:25:08 +1000
I've separately sent Justin a copy of an article which might provide the
answers he wants.  If anyone else is interested in this, John Calaby
wrote a good article for Historical Records of Australian Science, which
was published just after he died, titled The European discovery and
scientific description of Australian birds. It includes some notes on
collecting expeditions. (Historical Records of Australian Science, 1999,
12(3): p313-329).

Most uni and state libraries, and some public libraries, will have this
article online in the APA-FT database.  For copyright reasons I can't
post the article to the list.

Sandra Henderson
Manager, Research,
Coordination Support Branch