birding-aus

Newcomers

Subject: Newcomers
From: (Russell Woodford)
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 17:22:26 +1000
Hi Tracey

Thanks for putting the other side - and I'm pleased to hear that your
experiences have been so positive.  I have to agree that most of the birders
I've met up with are always happy to help newcomers, and in a few cases it's
been the top echelon of birders who have been the most helpful.  I've only been
on a couple of pelagic trips (though I've made it as far as the boat on
cancelled trips!) and I've been grateful for the patience shown by people like
Mike Carter, Peter Lansley,  Rob Farnes and Maarten Holszebusch when they've
taken the time to not only point out the birds flying past, but to
painstakingly go over and over important features of these birds.

Russell Woodford