birding-aus

birder for cruise

Subject: birder for cruise
From: "bwatson" <>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 11:46:55 +1000
My wife, Sandra, and I aim to take up a cruise offer recently advertised. The
cruise (November 14 to November 30, 2006) is advertised as "16 Night Chilean
Fjords & South America" on the "Norwegian Crown" for $5399. This includes
return air fare from Sydney to Santiago. Our long time travelling companion,
Sheila Izzard (who found the advertisement) needs a person to share her cabin.
The cruise line does not place two unconnencted individual travellers in the
one berth, and charges double rate for a person travelling abroad.

We are looking for another paying individual to travel with Sheila, so that we
can book for the two.

I intend to do what I always do on boats and on shore-- bird (as in the verb).
Sandra and Sheila will be normal  passengers and tourists. Apparently I will be
able to be flexible about dates of air travel and departure, so I will take in
some land birding.

The Izzards and Watsons have birded together for 37 years. There is now only
one Izzard. We range in age from late fifties to mid sixties.

The details of the cruise can be found on  or
by telephoning Sydney  8913 0744 or 1300 131 633, Australia wide.

I am taking this approach because Sandra and I took up a shared travel proposal
from Greg Roberts last year to go to Madagascar, advertised through
Birding-aus. This proved enjoyable and fruitful. I can't offer the brilliant
organising that Greg put in place last year: I trust that Norwegian Crown will
see to that.

We need a prompt reply as the cruise is, not surprisingly, heavily booked.

Please reply directly to me.

Bill Watson