birding-aus

Restless Flycatcher, Canterbury, Sydney

Subject: Restless Flycatcher, Canterbury, Sydney
From: David Berg <>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 12:43:57 +1100 (EST)
I was elated to find a restless flycatcher in mangroves on the banks of the Cooks River near Canterbury Racecourse yesterday. First heard its strange buzzing call and got an excellent view of it flitting about in the trees. I found it quite difficult to identify due to the inconsistencies between the books for all flycatchers, but feel pretty confident it was a restless flycatcher. Always nice to find something new in Canterbury, NSW. I will add it to my Canterbury list (covering the area between the racecourse, Canterbury Road and Princess St, Canterbury) at http://www4.tpg.com.au/users/berg/garden.htm#birds

Dave Berg

Do you Yahoo!?
Take your Mail with you - get Yahoo! Mail on your mobile