birding-aus

Difficult Species in Sydney & Blue Mountains Areas & Beyond

Subject: Difficult Species in Sydney & Blue Mountains Areas & Beyond
From: "Tim Jones" <>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 12:10:31 +0000
Dear All,

My 14 year old son, Simon and I have seen a lot of the birds you would expect in this neck of the woods, but there are 3 tricky ones eluding us, being Painted Honeyeater, Sooty Owl and Masked Owl.

If anyone has any recent and hopefully reasonably reliable and accurate info on how to see these birds in this region, it would be greatly appreciated. Obviously I am happy to receive information, especially on the owls, on a confidential basis and it will be honoured as such.

Many thanks to anyone who helps us.

Happy birding

Tim Jones