birding-aus

Birds of a Feather - Radio National

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: Birds of a Feather - Radio National
From: Philip Griffin <>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 22:39:15 -0500
Greetings,

This morning I received an SMS from a musician
friend, letting me know that a "bird composer" program
was coming onto the radio soon.

It turned out to be "Birds of a Feather" on ABC Radio
National's "Into The Music" series.

Plenty of references are made to BA contributor Syd Curtis
and although the subject of the program is an American,
David Rothenberg, there's much relating to Australian birds.

Some strange stuff about whether lyrebirds are
Passerines or not, but overall it's not uninteresting if you're into
that sort of thing.

Currently there's a link on the "Into the music" homepage

http://www.abc.net.au/rn/intothemusic/default.htm

which lets you listen using RealPlayer or Windows
Media Player.

Cheers

Philip Griffin