birding-aus

Rosehill & Rosellas - correction

To: "Messages Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Rosehill & Rosellas - correction
From: "Bob Forsyth" <>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 16:37:47 +1000
G'day all,

Thank you everybody for correcting me, again & again & again.
I had a touch of old-timers disease and did not write what I intended to say.

I posted a correction only 27 minutes later at 10.25am, which some list-members apparently have not received.

It said >>>
More info ! I was wrong !!

The bird was named after the suburb, which was named after G.Rose esq.

I quote from J.D.Macdonald's "Australian Birds, by Common Name, 1987"
From Rose-Hill ... where early colonists named local bird rose-hill parakeet (and other popular names) adopted by Gould
... These other names included rose-hill, rose-hiller, rose-hill parakeet, rose-hill parrot.

So, G.Rose esq. by default had a bird named after him.

Please .. no more corrections .. I have got the message.

Regards from
Bob Forsyth
Mount Isa, NW Qld.