birding-aus

Albinistic Welcome Swallow at Werribee Treatment Plant, Victoria

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Albinistic Welcome Swallow at Werribee Treatment Plant, Victoria
From: "Gil Langfield" <>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 18:56:09 +1100
Among the Welcome Swallows at a roost on the Little River at Werribee today
was a very pale bird with primaries which looked almost white when it flew.
The edition of HANZAB with the swallows is not out yet so I could not check
it out.

The Broad-billed Sandpiper reported by Danny Rogers a couple of weeks ago
was still at the rock roost near Austin Road.  Three Cape Barren Geese were
also there and at Lake Borrie were a pair and two striped chicks.  Other
birds of interest to me were two Horsfield's Bronze Cuckoos, Striated
Fieldwren, 2 Glossy Ibis, Black Kite, Spotted Crake at the Borrow Pits and
the first Rufous Whistler I have seen there in about 13 years.  Missing were
the usual Brown Falcons.

Regards,

Gil Langfield
Melbourne Australia