birding-aus

Sth. Aust. Western Gerygone

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: Sth. Aust. Western Gerygone
From: "Peter Waanders" <>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 20:53:11 +1030
Hi all
I had a look at the Western Gerygone's nest near Berri, SA today, as reported by Doug Holly earlier - thanks Doug - and managed to take some photos. One of the partners was actively building, while the other one was singing nearby. This is one of the very few nesting records in this part of the world. Nearest known breeding areas are Eyre Peninsula (roughly a straight 450 km) and Western Victoria (roughly ~ 150 km). I've posted 2 photos on my website www.sabirding.com

Cheers

Peter Waanders
Waikerie, South Australia