birding-aus

Thanks to all

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: Thanks to all
From: Marcia Balestri <>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 19:35:48 -0500
Just wanted to thank everyone who helped me out with our trip to your very
interesting and wonderful country.  My husband and I spent 6 great weeks
with you and enjoyed (almost) every minute of it!  My only regret (besides
leaving my purse somewhere between the airport at Cairns and the one at
Darwin) was not having more time to enjoy the birds, the people, the
weather, and the countryside.

I would particularly like to thank John Gamblin for the information and
wonderful maps he sent me, along with his wonderful emails encouraging us
along the way.  I like Ozpix, too, thanks for signing me up.  And a big
thanks also to Glen Crothers for showing us all around Werribee, and to
Charlotte, his wife, who makes great sandwiches and tea.  I really
appreciated the Tawny Frogmouths as an extra bonus, Glen.

Oskar, we enjoyed our brief stay with you, the birds were great.  Keith and
Lindsay were terrific at Kingfisher Lodge; thanks for the Papuan Frogmouth
in particular.  Sue and Phil Gregory made us feel right at home, and we
really enjoyed the food and the stimulating conversation.  And Phil, I owe
you more than 2!  Thanks for all the goodies.

I tried to thank everyone along the way, but if I missed someone, please
know that my husband and I appreciate everyone who helped us have such a
great time.  This list serve made our trip all the better from the initial
planning to the up-to-date info that I was able to access during our stay.

We managed almost 380 species and over 300 of those were new for me; not bad
considering we didn't bird everyday.

Hope we can come back sometime and se the rest of your country.  If you are
in the Maryland area and need some help, give us a shout.  We have an extra
bedroom and some pretty good birds out the window for you to see.
--
Marcia E. Balestri
Frederick, Maryland, USA