birding-aus

Waders return to WTP (Vic)

To: "Tim Dolby" <>, <>
Subject: Waders return to WTP (Vic)
From: "Danny Rogers" <>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 14:57:33 +1000
Hi,

I was at the WTP (Werribee, Vic.) briefly at high tide on Monday. Austin Road Lagoons was also good; a roosting flock on the rocks on the northern side of Summer Pond 2 included two Pectoral Sandpipers (one grotty looking adult, one rather smart juvenile) and an adult Wood Sandpiper. Also about 1100 Red-necked Stints, 70 Curlew Sandpipers (including one leg-flagged in South Australia) and around 300 Sharp-tailed Sandpipers (including one leg-flagged in Taiwan). I've submitted the records to the leg-flag database.

Cheers, Danny