birding-aus

3 Grasswren Trip Report part 3

To: Birding-aus <>
Subject: 3 Grasswren Trip Report part 3
From: John Leonard <>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 10:37:30 +1000
29/09 We made it in the morning to the Adelaide Gate and the nearby swamp
said to contain Grey Grasswrens. Despite searching nearly all day, on both
sides of the border, we drew a blank. Not only this, but we didn't even hear
any noises that could conceivably have been GGs (there were plenty of
*Variegated
Fairy-wrens* in residence to mock us). This was surprising as the swamp was
looking very healthy, and the areas we searched seem to have every stage of
Lignum vegetation from huge green clumps growing in standing water, to
smaller, dry clumps on dry ridges, and grading into bluebush at the margins