birding-aus

Egrets legs

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Egrets legs
From: "Shirley Cameron" <>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 20:15:32 +1000
Today we were, as usual, at the Western Treatment Plant Werribee Victoria. Near the Outlet there was a sole Great Egret and lots of Black Swan, as we paused I noted the Egret appeared to have one Black leg and one Yellow leg  and recalled this had been previously mentioned on 'birding-aus'.
We sat and watched for a while and then I noticed that the outside of  both legs was black and the inside leg was yellow.  Not sure if we do have a photo to show this.
The Bittern was still skulking around.
Saw  Sharp-tails (8) on  a lagoon on the north side of 85W Lagoon, our first for this season.
The Reed warblers are warbling  and the Little Grass birds are back making their mournful call .
We found another dead Barn Owl , two different friends in Werribee have contacted me about dead Barn Owls.
Could it be they are eating  baited prey?

Shirley Cameron
Werribee
3030

Upgrade Your Email - Click here!