birding-aus

Western Treatment Plant Werribee Victoria

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Western Treatment Plant Werribee Victoria
From: "Shirley Cameron" <>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 20:57:20 +1000
After a wonderful week in Broome where finding birds was quite different from Werribee it was good to return to the Treatment Plant to see who was hanging out where.
We had a visitor from  Sydney who had a "hit list' of two, Blue-winged Parrots and Calamanthus.
I am sure he was not disappointed to miss the Blue winged as we were able to see 6 Orange Bellied Parrots. Actually Marteen Hulzobosch saw them first.
There were many Calamanthus jumping around near Kirk Point.
Again the raptors were plentiful, White-bellied Sea Eagle, Brown Falcon, many Black-shouldered Kite, Swamp Harriers. Whistling Kite,& Nankeen Kestrel.
 Small birds did not disappoint, Yellow-rumped Thornbills, White-browed Scrub wren, Superb Blue Wren  and a Grey Fantail really fanning its tail.There were a couple of Fantail Cuckoos on the fence. Although there were very few ducks on Lake Borrie we did manage to see most of the usual species but again no Freckled.
In the few hours we spent there  we did manage to see 64 species and although it was damp and cold the absence of wind made viewing very pleasant.

Shirley Cameron
Werribee
3030

Upgrade Your Email - Click here!