birding-aus

Northern Shoveler near South West Rocks NSW

To: "'alan morris'" <>, <>
Subject: Northern Shoveler near South West Rocks NSW
From: "Timothy Hyde" <>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 17:05:06 +1000
Alan Morris wrote
" Ken Shingleton from South West Rocks advises me that the Northern Shoveler

that was at Seale's Rd Swamp, Belmore River near Gladstone, SW of South West

Rocks has not been seen since Wednesday 7 July.

I can confirm the above statement is true.  : )

Lynda and I spent 4 hours at the swamp
on both our way up to Qld on Thursday
and then on our way back down today.

However, there's nothing like a "twitch"
to get one to visit a new birding location.

The swamp was great, with the highlight this morning
being a pair of Comb-crested Jacana working the lily pads
close to the roadside.

Timothy Hyde